GRAND VELAS RESORTS IN LOS CABOS, RIVIERA NAYARIT, AND RIVIERA MAYA
The Velas Resorts portfolio includes three lush properties that specialize in hosting luxury destination weddings in Mexico: Grand Velas Los Cabos, Grand Velas Riviera Nayarit, and Grand Velas Riviera Maya. Each resort has its own distinct vibe, which beautifully reflects its region’s unique culture and ambiance. The Grand Velas wedding experience makes getting married in Mexico an unforgettable experience for couples and their guests, as they soak up the luxuries and rich offerings of these beautiful resort destinations.
The design of each Velas property was inspired by an idyllic combination of luxury, warm hospitality, world-class service, and stunning surroundings. The natural landscapes of Los Cabos, Riviera Nayarit, and Riviera Maya are exquisite. Rather than competing with the land’s natural beauty, Grand Velas complements its Mexican surroundings with architecture that is clean, modern, and pays homage to the local cultures.
Due to the timelessly chic design of the resorts, Velas doesn’t cater to a particular style of wedding. These three sprawling resorts offer a variety of beach, ballroom, and poolside venues for everything from rehearsal dinners, to cocktail hours, to receptions. With each wedding being fully customizable, couples can look forward to having a fully bespoke wedding experience, whether their aesthetic is rustic bohemian or over-the-top glamorous.
Grand Velas Weddings
At each of these resorts, the busiest time of year for weddings tends to be February, March, and November. When planning a destination wedding at any Velas resort, it is recommended to secure the wedding date at least a year in advance if a couple wants to host their wedding weekend during those months.
Wedding Week Activities
Most destination weddings tend to take place over the course of a weekend, but couples may want to host an entire wedding week at Velas Resorts to fully enjoy the available activities. Some of these include water sports, yoga, dance lessons, cooking classes, tequila tasting, bike riding, live music, and wellness experiences – more than enough to fill an entire wedding week itinerary.
Since they are all-inclusive resorts, visitors are also welcome to indulge in an international selection of à la carte restaurants serving up Italian, French, Asian, and Mexican cuisine. Special dining experiences are also available for private events, so couples and their planners can easily arrange for beautiful welcome dinners and farewell brunches.
At Grand Velas Los Cabos, visitors may enjoy the following:
- El Arco. The most recognizable landmark in Los Cabos, the arch of Cabo San Lucas sits at the absolute tip of Baja California Sur, in an area called Land's End.
- Marina Cabo San Lucas. Set sail on a luxury yacht, charter a fishing expedition, or take a romantic sunset dinner cruise at this bustling marina in Cabo San Lucas.
- Museum Of Natural History In Cabo San Lucas. For a day indoors, Los Cabos' newest museum chronicles the history of the region through the lens of natural history.
- Buccaneer Queen. Experience a legend on this replica of an ancient pirate ship that offers a fun and unforgettable sail through time.
- Ziplining And Canopy Tours. Fly through the jungle and desert canyons of Los Cabos on a canopy tour at one of Mexico's longest ziplines.
- Los Cabos Beaches. With miles of dramatic coastline on the Pacific Ocean and Sea of Cortez and beautiful ocean scenery, the beaches of Los Cabos are a highlight of the Baja Peninsula.
Grand Velas Riviera Maya is close to:
- La Quinta Avenida / Fifth Avenue. One of the most popular attractions in Playa del Carmen, Fifth Avenue is a colorful shopping and dining destination by day and an entertainment hotspot when the sun goes down.
- Tulum. Located just south of the Riviera Maya, the ancient city of Tulum offers a breathtaking look at the ancient history of Mexico's inhabitants. Visit the Tulum Archeological Zone to explore the ruins of the Mayan port city or head to the Gran Cenote.
- Los Fundadores Park. Overlooking the Caribbean Sea, this park is the perfect place to spend the day, no matter your age.
- Xcaret Park. A unique destination that combines a theme, water, and ecological park in one, Xcaret is the place to go for encounters with nature and a day of fun.
- Rio Secreto. Experience the magical Mayan underworld at Rio Secreto, an underground river glowing with crystalline geological formations, stalactites, and stalagmites.
A stay at Grand Velas Riviera Nayarit may also include:
- Banderas Bay. Shaping the Vallarta coastline, the blue waters of Banderas Bay are a popular destination for swimming, snorkeling, scuba diving, fishing, surfing, kite surfing, boogie boarding, whale watching, sailing, and dolphin encounters.
- Sayulita. Spend a day riding the waves on the beaches of Sayulita, a town known for its epic water sports, surfing, jungle biking tours, and artwork crafted by the indigenous people.
- Marietas Islands & National Park. Home to a hidden beach known as Playa del Amor, these uninhabited islands is a must-visit.
- San Sebastian Del Oeste. Located just south of the Riviera Nayarit deep within the Sierra Madre Mountains, San Sebastian is a historic Mexican mining town and a designated "magical village."
- Punta Mita. A coastal town featuring ten miles of untouched beach and incredible views of the Pacific, this region of the Riviera Nayarit is well-known for its impressive golf courses.
Visit velasweddings.com for more information.